Shuttle Services within Zion National Park have resumed operation as of Saturday,March 11th, 2023. This adjustment is the first in the seasonal adjustments that take place yearly within the park. Here’s what to know when planning your visit to the park during this Spring Season.
Zion Canyon Line Shuttle Schedule.
Shuttle Services are set to run March 11- May 20, 2023 with the following start departure times:
- First Shuttle will leave at 7 a.m. from the Zion Canyon Visitor Center (stop 1)
- Last shuttle leaving the Visitor Center to the Temple of Sinawava (stop 9) leaves at 5 p.m.
- Last shuttle out of the canyon leaving the Temple of Sinawava (stop 9) leaves at 7:15 p.m.
Visitors to the park should take into consideration that the shuttles take about 45 minutes to drive between the Visitor Center (stop 1) and the Temple of Sinawava (stop 9), which makes a round trip on the shuttle roughly an hour and a half long.
Be aware of the time you board the shuttle to get back to the Visitor Center at the end of the day. If the last shuttle is full, or you happen to miss the last shuttle, you may have to walk the 9 miles back to the Visitor Center.
Unlike the past year, guests do NOT need a ticket or reservation to ride the park shuttle. Guests should also be advised that while the shuttles are in use, you cannot drive your personal vehicle on the Zion Canyon Scenic Drive.
Parking in Zion Canyon
If you drive to Zion, keep in mind that the National Park Service parking lots tend to fill up early in the day, with limited spots opening at random during the duration of the day. Paid Parking is available within the town of Springdale. Those who have to park and leave their vehicles in Springdale can ride the free Springdale Line shuttle to enter the park.
The Springdale Line Shuttle starts trips at 8 a.m. with the last shuttle leaving at 7 p.m. Shuttle stops include the following:
- Zion Canyon Village (Stop 1)
- Cafe Soleil / Cliffrose Lodge (Stop 2)
- Whiptail Grill, Flanigan’s Inn (Stop 3)
- Desert Pearl Inn, Canyon Ranch Motel (Stop 4)
- Bumbleberry Inn (Stop 5)
- Bit & Spur, Hampton Inn (Stop 6)
- Driftwood Lodge (Stop 7)
- Silver Bear Enterprises (Stop 8)
- Majestic View Lodge (Stop 9)
Be sure to look ahead for traffic and travel updates before you arrive. Updates can be found online or by tuning your radio to 1610 AM for more information.
While visiting the Park be sure to do your park to help keep the park and shuttles clean for others visiting the park.
Reminders for the Shuttle:
- No eating or smoking is allowed on the busses.
- Only capped water bottles are allowed
- Pets are not permitted on the shuttle.