Camping in ZIon
Where do I go camping in Zion National Park and how much does it cost?
Camping and Zion National Park go hand in hand. Zion has several campgrounds that are close to the park as well as in the park itself. Please make sure to look into the campsites before you plan your trip because they can get extremely busy depending on the time of year and some do require reservations. You do not want to travel a long distance without a reservation at your final destination (camp ground) or you could end up camping far outside the Zion and Springdale area.
There is also an amazing RV Park, and camp ground with cabins located on your way to Springdale called Zion River Resort. They have Camper Cabins available that can give you the great camping experience with less hassle of setting up camp and taking it down. Please check out camping facilities near Zion for more details. For a list of recommended campsites and destinations please review the list below. For a link to the Zion campground website please visit NPS website at: Campgrounds in Zion
- South Campground: is located on the south entrance of the park ½ of a mile inside of the park gate. There are a total of 127 campsites available in the South Campground. The cost is $16/night with a 50% discounted rate for Golden Aged seniors. First come first serve with no hook ups, but there is one dump station available for campers, and generators are allowed on site. This camp ground does close seasonally between November 4th and March 1st.
- Watchman Campgrounds: is within Zion Canyon. Watchman Campground is located ¼ mile from the south entrance to the park: http://www.nps.gov/zion/planyourvisit/watchman-campground.htm
- Electric campsites are $18.00 per night.
- Riverside electric campsites are $20.00 per night.
- Tent only campsites are $16.00 per night.
- This is the only campsite that allows you to make reservations.
- 176 regular site.
- 2 wheel chair accessible sites
- 6 group sites
- 20 first come first serve sites
- For reservations please call: 877-44-6777
- 95 sites have electrical hook ups
- Generators are permitted
- 18 tent only sites
- The Lava Point Campground: is outside of the park, about a 45 minute drive from Zion Canyon on the Kolob Terrace Road (25 miles). Lava Point Campground- is free, but there are only 6 sites, first come, first served. There are pit toilets and trashcans on site, but no water. Be aware that any vehicle longer that 19 feet will not be permitted. Be aware that in certain seasons (spring, and fall) the Kolob road can change in condition extremely fast because of it high elevation 7890 feet, so please call for additional information: (435) 772-3256 4. Zion River Resort- please visit www.zionriverresort.com for details and pricing. Zion River Resort is one of Americas best RV Resorts and its located just minutes from Zion National Park. It is a perfect base camp when visiting not only Zion, but Bryce, Grand Canyon, and all of Southern Utah. If you do not want the hassle of setting up a tent and taking it down, try one of their Camper Cabins. This will still give you the camping experience in Zion but without any headaches.